We are pleased that you are considering the Arts & Science Program at McMaster University.
Admission to the Arts & Science Program is limited and by selection only. All Arts & Science Program applicants are required to provide additional information on the Supplementary Application form to assist us in making decisions on admission. The purpose of the Supplementary Application is to help us learn more about you and your ideas, interests, and activities.
There is no formula for a “good” Supplementary Application.
Please note before beginning:
- To be considered for admission, you MUST complete and submit the MANDATORY supplementary application form.
- You must have applied to Arts & Science 1 (MX on the OUAC application form).
- You will need a valid MacID and password in order to access and submit the Arts & Science Program supplementary application. Your MacID credentials will be available to you approximately one week after submitting your OUAC application and payment. 30 minutes after activating your MacID you can log in using your MacID and password. Please add ‘@mcmaster.ca’ to your MacID. Your username will look like this: YourMacID@mcmaster.ca.
- We need to know about YOU, so please complete all sections of this form without help.
- Please note that italics, underlining, bolding and certain special characters (such as Wingdings) can NOT be accommodated on the form.
- There is a 1500 character limit for each section. Please avoid using indentations, line breaks and paragraph breaks as they will affect your character limit.
- You can save your work or return to make updates at a later time. However, all supplementary applications must be submitted by 1 February 2023, 11:59pm EST. Please ensure you complete your application and submit by this deadline.
- Please download a copy of your supplementary application form for your records.
- If you are a 101 applicant, your status on the applicant portal may not reflect the successful submission of your supplementary application for up to 3-4 weeks after the 1 February deadline.
- If you are a 105 applicant, your applicant checklist will be updated within an hour of submission.
2023 Arts & Science Program Supplementary Application Questions
- Why have you decided to apply to the Arts & Science Program at McMaster? What specifically about the program resonates with your hopes for your undergraduate education?
- Think of a question you have about the world that you might like to explore as part of your Arts & Science education. What is this question and why is it significant and interesting to you?
- What book, read in the last year or two, has had a significant impact on you? Please provide the author and title, tell us why you chose to read the book, and explain why you have found it meaningful.
- Tell us one way you spend time outside of school and explain why that activity is important to you.
- Tell us more about yourself and, in particular, please tell us something you learned about yourself this year.
If you have any questions about your submission, please contact Shelley Anderson (email@example.com).